new inertia reel seat belts--help

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: new inertia reel seat belts--help
From: Crazeecooter@aol.com
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2000 23:10:12 EST
Thanks to all who helpen on the gearbox oil and windscreen questions....now I
am on to seatbelts....

I bought new inertia reel seat belts from VB, and noticed a few changes (the
VB catalog said they were not exactly like the original)   Has anyone
installed these yet on their cars?  I have only tried to put on the receiving
portion (the part that goes next to the emergency brake tunnel) and noticed
that it is a good three inches shorter than the original AND that if I bolt
it down where the old seat belt receiver was bolted the angle of the female
portion is wrong.   Should I try to twist the cable so it is upright...are
there any tricks I should know here??

Thanks again

J.