Re: TR3 floor pans replacement and more

To: Roy <techman@metrolink.net>
Subject: Re: TR3 floor pans replacement and more
From: suhring <suhring@lancnews.infi.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 06:55:29 -0500
Roy:

A friend of mine (the welding expert) and I did the same job with the
floor pans, etc. a few months ago on my current ground up TR3A (59)
restoration. We replaced the rocker, sills, and floor pans with the
tub on the chassis.  In this way, it assured the best alignment was achieved.
We spot welded everything into place so it was secure and strong
enough to remove the tub without disturbing the alignments. When we get
around to working on the tub (lots of areas need repaired), we will finish
all the welds and grind out so are smooth. The tub is currently on its side
in my garage (with extensive supports bolted on to prevent any twisting of
the body alignment). Used a grinder but mostly just the torch to cut out
old pieces.

Scott Suhring
Elizabethtown, PA
'70 TR6