Re: Rough Running TR6--NOT

To: <ArthurK101@aol.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rough Running TR6--NOT
From: Canada <canada@voyageronline.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 00 07:05:19 -0000
Arthur--

Good advice.  Actually, he says that since he cleaned the carbs AND fixed
the timing problem, his car now runs better than mine.  But I intend to
listen to the French & resist the temptation to tinker with the carbs.
Got plenty of other problems to tinker with first.

Thanks.

Ian

- - - - - - -

Ian, after reading about how he first attempted to solve the problem by
rebuilding/adjusteing the carbs, I again thought of an old addage.

"Carburettor is a French term meaning 'DO NOT TOUCH.' "

I have found over the years that the solution to the problem that he had
is
usually due to the ignition system electricals or vacuum.

I guess it must be human nature to first have a go at the carbs since
they
are somehow "mysterious."  Me thinks that we must all resist this impulse
and
check out everything else before touching the carbs.  My 2 cents.  Cheers.

Art Kelly '64 TR4 CT33118L (original owner/factory pickup)