Take care !

To: "John Macartney" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Subject: Take care !
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 18:53:08 -0500
Cc: "Triumphs List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "Friends of Triumph" <fot@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Message text written by "John Macartney"
>Hopefully the gravity of this brief message should be self-evident. In the
event that any
lister wishes to speculate on the weight of a TR6 or 2500 saloon diff in an
unfettered
condition and filled with oil - I can assure you it's heavy - VERY.
I was moving some stuff in my workshop yesterday and the spare diff (for
which I have
great plans) somehow shot out of its corner where it had been sleeping very
contentedly,
lowering its total mass on my left big toe at a speed marginally faster
than that of
light.
The toe is now broken in two places, looks like a very overripe plum and
I'm now just
beginning to speak in tones other than blasphemic monosyllables. In my
quieter moments
since the event - and the Emergency Ward at the local hospital gave me
ample time for
reflection, I've come to the conclusion that the diff, like other parts of
the car was
grossly over-engineered and it really didn't need to be that heavy.

Jonmac
<

John,

God speed on your convalescence.  I, too, can attest, to the affinity the
earth has for these things whilst attempting the re-installation of same.
Forget hand positioning it - a jack is manditory.  Good thing for you with
your socialized medicine, no?

Dave