RE: TR4 Fuel Line Fittings???

To: "Brian_Sanborn"_<sanborn@net1plus.com>
Subject: RE: TR4 Fuel Line Fittings???
From: "Brad Kahler" <bkahler@jacads.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 16:41:04 -1000
Cc: Triumphs@autox.team.net
> Brad and Henry,
>

> I just want to point out, for the record, that Henry was the BIG
> winner at the VTR last summer.  And the only thing I ever gave
> back to Brad was some used interior pieces that he wanted back
> for some strange reason.

Hmm, its probably true that you didn't send anything back....!  Just checking
to see if you were on your toes there!

I didn't realize that Henry was the big winner at VTR last summer and I"m still
trying to picture in my mind what he could have won with that rolling wreck
of a TR3B....

> Ok... now down to business.  Henry... I am still trying to find a
> way.  Pep Boys, NAPA and AutoZone don't have them. I am going to
> return the copperous nickel pipes from Moss.  I bought some steel
> brake lines that have the right type fittings... but they are
> anodized hard metal.. not brass. I'm worried about the treads
> inside the fuel pump body. If I cut off the flare on the brake
> lines and add a brass ferule.. I think it will work... but not
> sure if it will leak.

Didn't realize the outlet fittings were that much of a problem.  Guess I better
look at my parts inventory next time I'm home and see what I've got laying
around.

Good luck finding the parts.

Brad

My Triumph Web Site Http://www.141.com/triumphs (updated 12/12/99)
My Dodge Web Site Http://www.141.com/dodge (updated 9/17/99)

(Errors have been made, Others will be blamed.....)

1964 Spitfire4 BFC25720L (now camber compensated!)
1962 TR4 CT288L
1962 TR3B TCF1564L
1959 TR3A parts car
1951 1/2 ton Dodge Truck B-3-B-108 being restored
1953 Mayflower - TT29490LDL