RE: TR4 Fuel Line Fittings???

To: "Brad Kahler" <bkahler@jacads.com>, "Henry_Frye_" <thefryes@iconn.net>
Subject: RE: TR4 Fuel Line Fittings???
From: "Brian Sanborn" <sanborn@net1plus.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 21:31:28 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Brad and Henry,

I just want to point out, for the record, that Henry was the BIG
winner at the VTR last summer.  And the only thing I ever gave
back to Brad was some used interior pieces that he wanted back
for some strange reason.

Ok... now down to business.  Henry... I am still trying to find a
way.  Pep Boys, NAPA and AutoZone don't have them. I am going to
return the copperous nickel pipes from Moss.  I bought some steel
brake lines that have the right type fittings... but they are
anodized hard metal.. not brass. I'm worried about the treads
inside the fuel pump body. If I cut off the flare on the brake
lines and add a brass ferule.. I think it will work... but not
sure if it will leak.

Henry... if you have any spare brass fittings that are not too
hard to find... put them in an envelope and I will gladly send
some $$. I have a spare fuel pump where I scavenged the inlet
fitting last night. Actually the only one that I really can't
source anywhere is the pump outlet.  That's the one that as a 1/4
tubing hole and 5/16 body and thread.  Nobody has one of these.

My backup plan was to use a 5/16 fitting and modify the 1/4 long
fuel line by cutting off a short line and silver soldering a
short 5/16 piece on the end... file and polish and no one will
notice.

Brian Sanborn
62 TR4  CT16260L - Groton, MA

My TR4 Restoration Web Site