Re: Bosch fuel pump conversion for TR6 PI

To: "J.H. Roulleaux" <Jean.Rouleaux@skynet.be>
Subject: Re: Bosch fuel pump conversion for TR6 PI
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 23:43:49 -0000charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "List Triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "Biedermann, Frank (SSABSA)" <frank@ssabsa.sa.gov.au>
Hi Jean
I have spoken to many people about the Bosch pump, from Lucas engineers to
Bosch service people to the guy from Prestige Developments who makes the
conversion kit and others and they all advise against pulling fuel through
the Lucas filter with a Bosch pump, it is as much to do with the Lucas
filter as the Bosch pump, apparently they don't flow freely enough for the
Bosch pump. In some installations the Bosch pump even has a pre pump to
overcome the low pressure aspect. I would therefore recommend your friend to
alter the layout of his system to incorporate the High pressure filter and
do away with the Lucas filter before he needs to buy a new pump, also in the
UK the high pressure filters are the same price as the Lucas one, which
incidentally comes straight from a Tractor!!

Graham.