Re: Distilled Water is BAD??

To: haldeman@accessone.com
Subject: Re: Distilled Water is BAD??
From: Philip E Bacon <pboldtrix@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 17:48:42 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
If distilled water is anything like "spot-free" rinse  water used in my
carwash (and I think it is),  I would not put it in my
radiator.....Distilled water is mineral free, as is spot-free (no
minerals, no spots).  I've found the mineral free water "attacks" many
materials....copper lines, rubber seals,  etc.  I had to replace many
pump lines with stainless steel plumbing, and I'm continually fighting
leaks.  Spot-free water is chemically reactive and I expect this is the
source of Mercedes Benz's concern....I think  I'd redo the radiator
flush...Phil

http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.