RE: Distilled Water is BAD??

To: "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Distilled Water is BAD??
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 16:07:47 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"

I guess I am not about to dispute what MB has to say -- their resources far
outweigh mine. However, what is the full context of this claim?
Specifically, don't most people use water *and* some sort of anti-freeze in
their cooling system? Doesn't the anti-freeze contain corrosion inhibiting
agents? In which case the distilled water is no longer "hungry"?

If you are using pure water then perhaps the distilled water is reactive,
but when combined with a decent anti-freeze I would expect the corrosion
problem to disappear (when the coolant is flushed at decent intervals).

Well that's my opinion anyway.

--- Peter Zaborski  CF58310UO ---
(with distilled water and anti-freeze -- 50/50)