Re: VTR 2000

To: vafred@erols.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: VTR 2000
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 23:32:38 EST
Cc: spitfires@autox.team.net
In a message dated 15-Mar-00 17:56:53 Eastern Standard Time, vafred@erols.com
writes:

> Well, I had just about made up my mind 3K miles one-way was just way to far
>  for this guy, then Art K. decides to drive, Dan M. says yes, Minn. is yes,
>  Illi. is always a yes, have'nt yet heard from the N.E. (Lobsta man),  and
>  now Dave M. and Joe C. are getting a lot of national interest starting to
>  think, which would make this a trip that no one should ever miss, I guess I
>  better sleep on this for 10 minutes and think again, good party people are
>  hard to find nowadays.  "FT"

Fred, you want to go?  We'll start a convoy from the East Coast and pick up
folks along the way.

Plus -- as I said to you at the VTR SE Regional -- we might even consider
driving each other's cars in convoy for short distances.  That would be a
kick!  Hey, we only live once.  I have never driven a TR3, although a TR3 was
the first sports car in which I ever rode.  (I also remember the great ride
with you in your TR3 to the Lake City autocross last October).  I only drove
my brother's TR6 one time in '60 and my son's Spitfire in '92.  Sad, but
true.  I have no problem with another TR guy/gal driving my car -- especially
someone from the list.

When I went to the VTR National in Ashville, NC I went with another Triumph
Club of N. Florida member in my car.  He ( a TR3 owner) and I split the
driving.  He still talks about driving my TR4.

But I digress.  Whatever -- it would be great to just convoy and know that
"Help," if needed, is right there on the road.  Regards.

Art Kelly