RE: Tr-6 Rear wing ?boundary="------------93D9A3AC7DB0EB58AE0BC323"

To: "Robert Greene" <rgreene@whoi.edu>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Tr-6 Rear wing ?boundary="------------93D9A3AC7DB0EB58AE0BC323"
From: "econrad" <econrad@teal.csn.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 09:30:03 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
Robert,

Regarding the weld bead at the front bottom lip of the rear wing (where it
meets the rocker panel).  I also have a 76, and have removed the wings.  I
also encountered this welded bead in the same location as you described.  As
you, I also wondered whether this meant the wing had been removed,
classifying the previous owner as a DPO for not indicating that pieces had
been removed from the car.  After reading your post, I can now feel
confident that the weld bead was simply meant to allow quick alignment of
the wing prior to bolting it up.  Whether this is correct or not, I'm going
with it.

Eric Conrad
Denver, CO
econrad@teal.csn.net

1976 TR6        CF52678U        -- wings off, body off, undercoating coming off
SLOWLY,
suspension about to be disassembled.
1971 TR6        CC??????U       -- parts car (I can't recall the name) that
will donate
what's left to be spare parts, in case the above mentioned car needs
something.  The body is so rusty that it will never hold water again.  ;-)