TR4 Window gasket - Help!

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR4 Window gasket - Help!
From: cyf@bighorn.dr.lucent.com (Charles Y. Farwell)
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 17:24:40 -0700
        So I know there must be a trick. I'm trying to replace the window
        gasket - the one that holds the bottom edge of the window in the
        channel of the crank assembly - on my Tr4. The new gasket is thick
        enough that no amount of downward pressure will press the
        window+gasket into the channel. I don't want to break the window
        trying!

        Has anyone been successful at this? Any hints appreciated!!

Thanks,
Charlie Farwell             1962 TR4 #CT3852L
cfarwell@lucent.com