Re: Good British Food ???

To: Transmancat@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Good British Food ???
From: "" <greenman62@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 09:18:03 PST
>From: Transmancat@aol.com
>To: triumphs@autox.team.net
>Subject: Good British Food ???
>Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 11:15:39 EST
>
>Well, said Michael
>British food has changed so much over the past 20 years or so and is now
>unrecognizable from the traditional grub served up years ago. The influence
>from the Africa and Asia as well as Europe has taken over. If your in
>London
>and want a gourmet food experience try Ramsey's (rated by Michelin as one
>of
>the best restaurants in the world) or if your in Essex try Le Tollbooth
>(often a venue for the local British car clubs) If you really want
>traditional food try the old pie and mash stalls in the East End of London
>or
>one of the many jellied eel vendors.
>There you go making me homesick!
>
>Regards,
>John J, Black

   Hey, John, don't forget the British Railway Steak & Kidney pies!!!
        They must be legendary

   Fred Wedlock, a British comic sang about them:
       "...I saw its mates on television chasing Dr. Who..."

   Another folk singer (whose name escapes me) also sang
         about "plastic pies"...

        "...He lifted up the crust, and blew away the dust,
         `and said I'll change the points and plugs as well."

Greg Petrolati Champaign, Illinois
1962 TR4 (CT4852L)