Re: British Food (was From TRF regarding The Coventry Inn)

To: "Michael Marr" <mmarr@idcnet.com>
Subject: Re: British Food (was From TRF regarding The Coventry Inn)
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 12:26:09 -0500
Cc: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>, "Anthony Gordon" <tgordon@saginaw-city.k12.mi.us>, "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Message text written by "Michael Marr"
>I wonder how many people who profess to hate British food have actually
eaten good, well-prepared food in a good British restaurant.  Obviously, if
your only experience of BritFood is Wimpy's, Transport Cafes and Motorway
Services, you have every right to hate it.  However, the better English
restaurants (I revert to English rather than British because I have no
experience of restaurants in Scotland, Wales, or Northern Ireland) are
renowned for their essentially English yet continually changing cuisine,
incorporating the best influences from the continent and of the former
Empire.
<

The wife and I spent 10 days in Britian last May and we had no itinerary so
our sampling of food was totally random.  I must say that I found the food
quite enjoyable and not at all as reputed.  In fact the worst food we ever
had was the previous year in London at a fish restaurant.  And I am
speaking as one who truly loves good food - especially French and Italian.
I found the food in Britian to be something to which to look forward.
Especially the full Scottish Breakfast.  (One can skip lunch after one of
these)

Dave