TR250 Oil Pressure line

To: TR250 <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR250 Oil Pressure line
From: David Brady <dmb@cisco.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 09:42:49 -0800
Folks,

Can someone take a quick look at their
car to see how the oil pressure line is routed
through the bulkhead? I disassembled this
thing 3 years ago without taking the time to
snap a few pictures ;(

Nonetheless, I did
install my wiring harness this weekend and
I have dash lights! I may actually get this baby
on the road by summertime. My next big
chores are the rear springs and the muffler.

I tried rear springs from Moss and TRF but
I'm not happy with them. I have my trailing
arm bushings mounted with 2 notches down
on the outer and 2 notches up on the inner
(this setup is supposed to reduce tail-end
squat under acceleration), but it requires a
rear spring about .5" shorter than Moss's.

On the muffler topic, I bought Rimmer's
stainless steel header/tailpipe/muffler setup.
but the muffler interferes with my rear sway
bar. A solution is to shorten the muffler body
by about 2 inches. Anyone ever done this?
I would like to slice the end cap off the muffler,
shorten the body by 2 in. and then weld the
end cap back on. After this, she's pretty much
ready to drive.

David Brady
68 TR250