Rover

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Rover
From: GuyotLeonF@aol.com
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 18:12:31 EST

By Peter Woodman, Transport Correspondent, PA News

The 33,000 Rover 75 cars remaining unsold from last year's production run
would, if parked in line, stretch from London to Birmingham.

But Rover insisted today that the model - first unveiled at the 1998
Birmingham Motor Show - had been selling well.

And the company added that such a stockpile was normal and necessary to
ensure the meeting of demand worldwide.

Not all the unsold cars are in the UK. They are also scattered in countries
as far away as Australia, Japan, Chile, Peru and South Africa.

The UK ones are at seven key distribution points, including London and
Oxford.

"We don't believe we have got a particularly high stock of 75s and we need
this quantity to meet demand around the world," said a Rover spokesman.

He went on: "The car has won 15 international awards and is the third
best-selling car in its sector in the UK after the Volkswagen Passat and the
BMW 3 Series.

"In Germany the 75 is the leading imported car in this sector of the market."

Léon