Re: TR6 Block Painting

To: paradise@icx.net
Subject: Re: TR6 Block Painting
From: "Robert M. Lang" <LANG@ISIS.MIT.EDU>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 17:03:12 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Hi,

TR6 engine blocks are painted gloss black. The head and almost all the
accoutrements are also the same color. The valve cover is metallic silver
(some use Ford Argent silver) (exception: '69 TR6's had a chrome valve
cover) and the stock oil filter canister is GM _blue_.

Good luck!

FWIW, I use the Duplicolor Engine enamel gloss black. I really like to use
that paint - it goes on real thick, so one or two shots and you're done.
And t stays glossy after 10k miles - so it's pretty durable.

regards,
rml
TR6's