Re: Thanks and cam question

To: "Bryan Loy" <paradise@icx.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Thanks and cam question
From: Jeff Johnson <jguy@erinet.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 10:06:09 -0500
Bryan:

I have not replaced my camshaft as of yet, but I'm in the process of doing
so. Here is some info from Ted Schumacher's site-
http://www.tsimportedautomotive.com

S2 .405" 282 degrees 3500-6000 Good mid-range
S4 .410" 293 degrees 4200-6500 Marginal for street
TSI275-6 .425" 275 degrees 3000-6500 Flat power curve
TSI293-7 .475" 293 degrees 5000-7000 RACE ONLY

According to the Triumph Competition manual, the S-2 is the cam to use for
street operation. Hoe we can hear from several persons on the list as to
what is most desirable.

Jeff Johnson
'76 TR6 CF50278U
current engine rebuild