Re: advice needed: thrust washer shims

To: "Douglas Frank" <frank@zk3.dec.com>
Subject: Re: advice needed: thrust washer shims
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 14:50:43 -0000charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "List Spitfires" <spitfires@autox.team.net>, "List Triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Hi Douglas
Either of your solutions should work, though if I had shim in my hands I
would shim it, yes it should survive, I would also take it near bottom limit
from preference, as this allows more leeway for wear. Personally I have
avoided dilemmas like that by reusing the originals and not measuring!

Graham.