Re: Tachometer calibration anyone?

To: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Subject: Re: Tachometer calibration anyone?
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 11:06:20 -0500
Cc: "David Massey" <105671.471@compuserve.com>, "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Message text written by "Jeff McNeal"
>Dave,

If my tach was electric, that would be fine.  Mine is mechanical.

Cheers,

Jeff
<

Oops.  Guess I misread. Well, in that case, take the guts out of the case.
You will see two concentric wheels.  One is driven by the cable.  The outer
one is connected to the indicator (needle).  If you position the needle to
3500 by turning the wheel and then, holding that wheel stationary move the
needle to 3,000 you have just adjusted the offset reading of the tach.

Be very carefull as these things are delicate.

Dave