Tachometer calibration anyone?

To: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Subject: Tachometer calibration anyone?
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 10:28:25 -0500
Cc: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Message text written by "Jeff McNeal"
>Hello again.  My Jaeger Tachometer on my '67 Spitfire is miscalibrated
apparently. An electronic tach confirmed my suspicions that my mechanical
tach is showing the engine revving a good 500 RPM higher than it actually
is
at highway speeds.  Has anyone calibrated their own tachometer?  How is it
done?  TIA

Jeff
<

I calibrated the tach in my MG once but I don't like to talk about it.

(Just kidding)

The electronic tachs have a variable resistor inside that adjusts the span
and you can have someone hold the engine at a predetermined speed (say
3,000) while you adjust the tach to that reading.  What could be simpler?

Dave