RE: gas prices - YIKES!

To: <LaJoMor@aol.com>, <spitdrvr@camalott.com>, <Laura.G@141.com>, <reid.w.simmons@intel.com>, <Triumphs@autox.team.net>, <Spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: gas prices - YIKES!
From: "Andy Dixon" <amdixon@erols.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 20:30:47 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Remember the 97 cents a gallon we were paying just a few short weeks ago?
When it comes to supply and demand it's pay me now or pay me later. Well
guess what? later just arrived. Didn't see the letters off outrage back
then, no one thought we ought to be paying $1.20 like we were before those
low prices.
Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see it at 97 cents again but having paid
European prices in the past we ought to save them the bellyaching (besides,
they are probably laughing at all the cry babies over on this side of the
pond). Our salaries are generally higher and our cost of living lower. We
have absolutely nothing to cry about.
Nomex suit on and zipped up tight.
Andy