Re: Nuts & Bolts - Replacing During a Rebuild

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Nuts & Bolts - Replacing During a Rebuild
From: Jim Davis <jh_davis@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 20:20:01 -0500
I've brought this up at least 20 times on this list and this will be the
last, promise.
        One of the most valuable tools one can obtain for a TR6 restoration is
The Roadster Factory Parts Catalogue. It lists most every nut and bolt
that binds a TR6 and the nut/bolt part #s can be cross referenced to
size in Volume 2, pages 489-492.
        Why would one start an expensive and time consuming restoration without
it and every other manual and parts catalogue? I almost never do
business with Moss or Victoria British, but I get their parts catalogues
for reference if nothing else.
        The Roadster Factory is the best source in the US for all things
Triumph, or for the TR6 anyway. Moss is the best source of parts for MGs
and VB supplies some useful parts along with a lot of junk. Its that
simple.
        I mean, there is a company that has the best TR6 parts catalogue in the
world and the guy that owns it has spent most if his adult life
dedicated to supplying and manufacturing Triumph parts, primarily TR6
parts, and some people who are doing a total TR6 restoration don't even
bother to get the guy's catalogue which has the info they need. But they
readily buy from an MG supplier which furnishes a TR catalogue that
doesn't contain the info they need. Go figure.
 Nothing personal to anyone, honest.
Jim Davis
Fortson, GA
CF38690UO