RE: breather pipe

To: "David Lee" <davelee1@home.com>, "triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: breather pipe
From: "Brian Sanborn" <sanborn@net1plus.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 17:45:10 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
David,

Check out the engine rebuild pages on my web site.  I converted
the TR4A engine plumbing in my 62 TR4 back to original spec.  I
think that it is a better solution.  BL seemed to come up with
the most amateur arrangements for emission control.... even the
PCV valve.

The early TR4s had the breather pipe and open breather oil cap.
Then when the ZS carbs were used they did the arrangement where
the valve cover breathed into the carb air cleaners.  And finally
a fully sealed system with PCV valve.  If the PCV valve doesn't
function right it causes air leakage and variable idle and/or
pressure build up in the crankcase and the only way out is
through the rear seal pushing lots of oil out the back.

Brian Sanborn
62 TR4  CT16260L - Groton, MA

My TR4 Restoration Web Site
http://www.net1plus.com/users/sanborn/Home.html