Re: Hagerty Insurance & CT insurance

To: "Jim Hill" <Jim_Hill@chsra.wisc.edu>, <HarvoC@aol.com>, <vafred@erols.com>
Subject: Re: Hagerty Insurance & CT insurance
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 14:48:14 -0800charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
I just completed a policy application and was accepted by Hagerty.  It is an
"agreed value" policy in which my '67 Triumph Spitfire will be covered for
$6,000.  If it's hit and can't be restored for less than six grand, they'll
cut me a check.  If it's stolen, they'll cut me a check for the full amount.
I'm paying $76 a year for 300,000 liability (per occurance) and 100,000
comprehensive/uninsured motorist plus $5,000 medical (which is really
insignificant) with NO deductible and no odometer statement required.  I
estimated that I'll drive the car around 4,000 mi a year, which is
consistent with what I had in mind to begin with.

I asked for references before applying for the coverage.  They mailed me
comment cards from about six policy holders in my general area, but did NOT
include their phone numbers.

I believe I'm satisfied with this coverage.  The limits were originally
quoted as lower (not the $6k agreed upon value, but the accident coverage)
and it cost me all of $6 extra to raise them substantially.  Hagerty called
me two days ago to say that my application had been accepted and the
insurance cards were in the mail.

Cheers,

Jeff in San Diego