Re: Nuts & Bolts -- complete list for restoration

To: econrad <econrad@teal.csn.net>
Subject: Re: Nuts & Bolts -- complete list for restoration
From: Jim Davis <jh_davis@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 19:57:40 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Eric,
        After reading my post, my foul mood yesterday evening unintentionally
came through. I apologize for my tone and the strength of my statements.
Didn't mean to go off on you or anyone else.
        No concise list exists to my knowledge, but we could all take a plate
in the catalogue or a part of the car and generate a hardware list so
the job is not overwhelming for any one participant. For example, page
390 & 391 of the TRF TR6 parts catalogue shows the rear bumper parts and
associated hardware indicating a set screw HU708P, lock washer WL207,
and plain washer WM808 attach the rubber over rider to the bumper/frame.
A quick look at page 489 tells me that is a 1/4 X 1" UNF set screw, page
491 lists a 1/4" lock washer. The flat washer is not listed but is
obviously a 1/4" fender washer.
        I'll volunteer for a plate or two if anyone thinks this is a good idea
and worth the effort. Maybe someone else has a better idea?
Jim Davis
Fortson, GA
CF38690UO
CF37325U