RE: TR3 cam bearings

To: "George Richardson" <gprtech@frontiernet.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3 cam bearings
From: "Pete Ryner" <pryner@ij.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2000 19:44:43 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Your cam bearings are "press fit" into the block.  They must be driven out
and new ones in with the proper sized drift.  This is not a job for a do it
your selfer.  Take it to a good machine shop and have the job done.  They
must make sure they line up the oil holes in the bearings with the oil holes
in the block.  If they are not installed properly, the cam will not fit.  As
I recall, the TR bearings are already sized, so they do not need any
machining after installation.  Some other cars require a line bore to size
the bearings after installation.
Pete

'56 TR-3
'66 MGB
Lots of MG parts cars lying around right now