Re: TR3 cam bearings

To: George Richardson <gprtech@frontiernet.net>
Subject: Re: TR3 cam bearings
From: "James A. Ruffner" <erl@virginia.edu>
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2000 23:59:16 -0500
Cc: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
George:

To remove the cam bearings, you need a special sleeve, that is slightly
smaller than the  hole in the block in which the bearings sit.  You will
need a long shaft to then drive them out.  To get the new ones  in, you
need a stepped sleeve (smaller diameter, a bit less than the inner diameter
of the bearing, outer a bit smaller than the hole in the block.)  You can
use the same device to both remove and replace the bearings.

Cheers.