Re: TR6 wanted, DC area

To: "Beth & Ken" <bethken@erols.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 wanted, DC area
From: Jeff Johnson <jguy@erinet.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 19:54:48 -0500
Ken;

I think you have missed the point of the original and succeeding posts,
which I believe were rather explicit about posting items which were for
sale on eBay but not offering them first to the list. Most of us think that
the right thing to do is to offer listers the part first and if no offers
are forthcoming at the price you would like to receive, then find another
venue, such as eBay. The rules of the list specifically prohibit commercial
advertising, however, due to the nature of this medium we have to rely on
the character and ethics of those that would call themselves a part of this
community. It seems to me that a lot of people spend a lot of time looking
at parts for sale on eBay. Fine, it's their time.  For a lister to say,
"I've got this car or part for sale at eBay" is a tacky way of using the
list to advertise same. Hey, it's already listed on eBay! If I wanted to
spend my time there I'd know it already. I'd prefer not to see all these
posts as would a lot of others on this list, I'm sure.
My point is, that telling the list of a vehicle which is advertised for
sale in your community is not related to the posts to which you refer, it's
merely a relaying of information which is what this list is all about.

Soapbox Mode,

Jeff Johnson