Re: 1972 Price List

To: 105671.471@compuserve.com
Subject: Re: 1972 Price List
From: "Robert M. Lang" <LANG@ISIS.MIT.EDU>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 15:45:14 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
You writ:

> In 1972 I was a college student making $1.65 an hour.
> Dave

Wow - you got paid to go to college? Far out!

On the other hand, I was working in a bicycle shop for $1.25/hour in '72.
'Till I got fired, that is... ;-)

Wait - my parents paid for me to go to school. I suppose that was sort of
like getting paid. Except if you calculated the time spent acually studying
and dived that into the $400 a semester for tuition... I was probably
making $10 or $20 per hour back then.

But it cost my folks way less to send me to school than to have me around
the house taking cars apart etc.

Hmmmm.

I should give my parents some more respect afterall.

;-)
rml

Bob Lang                | Voice: 617-253-7438      | This space
Consultant              | FAX:   617-258-9535      | for rent
MIT Information Systems | email: lang@isis.mit.edu |