RE: mudslinging on the list

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: mudslinging on the list
From: "Jim Altman" <jaltman@altlaw.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 06:23:40 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Hear! Hear!

Jim Altman jaltman@altlaw.com Illigitimi non Carborundum
<http://www.altlaw.com/metro/jaltman.html> 69-TR6 80-TR8 W4UCK

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-triumphs@autox.team.net
[mailto:owner-triumphs@autox.team.net]On Behalf Of levilevi@home.com
Sent: Thursday, March 30, 2000 1:12 AM
To: Robert J Carley
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

Thanks Robert, I agree.

This kind of provocation of fellow listers has to stop.  I too am
concerned that the civility and courtesy level on the list has dropped
in the last year or so.  When I first came on the list people went out
of their way to not aggravate each other intentionally and when they did
aggravate someone they usually apologized.  They did not continue to
provoke additional animosity like Ken has done here.

Ken: please stop this kind of behavior on this list!!  You know that I
have supported your right to state your opinions but this is stepping
over the line.  You do not have a right to destroy the civility of this
list by carrying on a running feud.  I could list a dozen very good
technical Triumph contributors (people that could have been helping each
of us) to this list that we have lost in the last few years due to
bickering instead of talking about Triumphs.  You need to take a look at
your posts and decide if they are part of the solution or part of the
problem.  Posts such as yours with a cut at Fred are part of the
problem.  That is uncalled for on this list and only works towards
destroying the list.

I myself have written some very nasty posts to people on the list.  The
difference is I send 99% of them to the draft folder and delete them
later after I've cooled off.  I suggest you (and others who get upset
with posts) try it.  I always feel much better writing it and then I
feel even better later when I'm glad I didn't actually send them.

Bud Rolofson.