Re: mudslinging on the list

To: Bob Danielson <75trsix@snet.net>
Subject: Re: mudslinging on the list
From: George Richardson <gprtech@frontiernet.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 08:31:31 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

I've been on the list for more than 5 years now. There's always
something going on that somebody doesn't like. It's a large group, with
many different viewpoints. The only real problem is with those who would
like to enforce their viewpoint on others.

Insults? I get insulted every day. It's a reflection of the person who
makes it.

Obligations to the list? No. Gratitude towards those who give advice and
to Mark, yes.

Overt sales advertisements? No. Bothered by the "I've got this thing for
sale."? Delete it.

Think about what you write. Your words are all that most of the people
on the list have to judge you by.

I've been online for 17 years now, and have had many different online
encounters. The strangest was a fellow designer who constantly lied
about his and my products, and made actual libelous statements about me
and my clients online. It actually ended up in court.

The funny thing was that everyone who knew this guy couldn't figure out
why he was like this online, when in person he was likable and very
professional. Regardless of that, he ruined himself and his business
with his email. Total bankruptcy as people distanced themselves from him
because of this stuff.

--
George Richardson
Wyvern - '57 Triumph TR3, TS15559LT -