Re: Whither the future of Rover?

To: 105671.471@compuserve.com, jonmac@ndirect.co.uk
Subject: Re: Whither the future of Rover?
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 14:36:58 EST
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
In a message dated 30-Mar-00 19:46:34 Eastern Standard Time,
105671.471@compuserve.com writes:

> It's good to hear about these cars.  To me and most of us Americans a Rover
>  is just another car that is not imported to the US.  The wife and I spent a
>  week or so in Britain last may and after visiting Gaydon I couldn't help
>  but notice the Rover's passing me on the motorway at a high rate of speed.
>  They sure go!

FWIW -- I owned a mid '70's Rover 3000 sedan from '80 to 82 when I was
stationed in Belgium.  Great car and I'm sorry I didn't ship it back to the
US.  2nd gear went out (think it was the DPO who caused that) and because I
couldn't get a rebuilt tranny locally I junked it.  But now that I look back
-- I should have driven it to the UK and had a new or rebuilt tranny put in.
The car definitely had a luxury feel and was smooth to drive.  Cheers.

Art Kelly