Re: Rover Today

To: "Triumphs List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rover Today
From: "John Macartney" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 01:22:10 +0100charset="iso-8859-1"
Leon Guyot wrote:
John Edmonds, general secretary of the GMB, said: "The Department of Trade
and Industry really dropped the ball on this one. It is high time the DTI was
restructured and given a new remit. Its job from now on must be to ensure the
defence and promotion of British industry at home and abroad. We must never
see a situation akin to Longbridge again."

Mr. Edmonds should be congratulated for his forward planning and commendable
aspirations.
These guys from New Labour really do seem to know where it's at. Unfortunately,
he
overlooks one key point. With Longbridge gone, there's nothing else to lose -
we lost it
years ago. But perhaps he knows something we don't? Maybe there's a move to buy
the Honda,
Nissan and Toyota plants?

Jonmac