Re: Frozen spark plugs

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Frozen spark plugs
From: Geo Hahn <geohahn@azstarnet.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 07:17:59 -0700
Mike Barron wrote:

> How do I prevent this in the future? (Providing I am successful in
> getting them out this time)

Always use anti-seize compound on the threads... several types available,
I would think almost any of them would work for plugs.  I used the
aluminum colored stuff from Permatex.

Your description sounds like you can get them part way out but then they
bind?  If so, this is a bit different that the ususal "seizeure".  Your
plan to lube and work them out sounds good, you may want to chase the
threads when the plugs are out of there.  Have you tried removing them
with the engine hot?

Geo Hahn
59 TR3A
Tucson, AZ