RE: Need help!

To: "David Massey" <105671.471@compuserve.com>, "Jonathan Beaudoin" <jbdoin@sympatico.ca>
Subject: RE: Need help!
From: "Pete Ryner" <pryner@ij.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 18:40:18 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Recommend you run a compression check.  Had a similar problem and found that
the new valves were sticking in the new guides.  Had to have the head
re-done.  The first shop (local) screwed it up somehow.  Sent the head to
TRF and got a great rebuild!  The compression will tell you if you have a
problem with one cylinder or multiple.  If it is all, probably a timing
problem.  If one or two, look to the valves, head gasket leak, etc.
Good luck
Pete