Re: no longer a shelf/ spare tire question

Subject: Re: no longer a shelf/ spare tire question
From: Randall <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2000 23:29:32 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
I'm not sure which car it came from (the wheel says 'Nissan'), and I
haven't yet tried it either on or in my TR3A, but I found a T135/70D15
Toyo 'compact spare' in the local junkyard, already on a wheel with the
correct bolt circle.  Even if the wheel won't work, the tire should fit
on a standard TR3 wheel, and fit in the spare tire well.  Paid $12 for
it, the tire looks new.

5.60-15 tires are still made in Europe, as well as 155R15s, but I
haven't found a source for them in the US.  Coker probably has them, for
a price.

The T135 compact spares are apparently used by a fair number of cars,
including Volvo 960 and 970 sedans, some Mercury Cougars and Chevy
Camaros, Mazda Millenia, Nissan 200SX, etc.  But, I'm told that they are
fairly expensive new from the dealer, like $70/tire.  For that price,
I'll get mine from the junkyard <g>

The post-TS60000 cars are supposed to have bigger spare tire wells, you
might try your 165/15 tires for size.

Randall
59 TR3A TS39781LO daily driver
Lakewood, CA