Re: FW: ITS - Bulletin 0130ig.mot.com>

To: Davies William-qswi646 <QSWI646@email.mot.com>, "'herald list'" <triumph_herald@egroups.com>, "'Spitfires@autox.team.net'" <Spitfires@autox.team.net>, "'Triumph List'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: FW: ITS - Bulletin 0130ig.mot.com>
From: Don Marshall <marshall@nefcom.net>
Date: Thu, 04 May 2000 10:08:01 -0400
At 01:43 PM 5/4/00 +0100, Davies William-qswi646 wrote:

>Hi,
>    I don't normally forward this kind of thing, but this warning was sent
>out from our internal IT department - IT IS NOT A HOAX! I have since seen
>reports (BBC) that many UK based businesses have been seriously affected
>today, also unconfirmed reports that the British Houses of Parliament have
>been seriously affected.
>       Sorry for the Spam, but you really need to know this,
>               Cheers,
>                       Bill Davies.

Unfortunately, this one must be true...  I just got an email from my
accountant here in Florida with "ILOVEYOU" as the title.  I called them and
they're aware they're infected, said to not open it.  Apparently it
regenerates outgoing emails to your address book listees and probably other
nasty things.

Sheesh...
Don Marshall