Seized TR6 Brakes solved,Thanks

To: "Cameron Greig" <tr6greig@globalnet.co.uk>
Subject: Seized TR6 Brakes solved,Thanks
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2000 11:03:03 -0400
Cc: triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Message text written by "Cameron Greig"
>Hi All

When I got home last night the brakes where again starting to seize.This
time
I slackened the two bolts holding the master cylinder to the servo and as
these
loosened I could here the brakes release.The problem was the rod from the
servo to the master cylinder was slightly longer than it should be.The end
of
the rod has an adjustment,however mine was seized so in the meantime I used
a couple of washers between the servo and master cylinder to increase the
distance.
I'm not happy about using this method but can't see any potential
danger.Any
Thoughts?

Thanks to everyone who shared their thoughts.

Cameron
71TR6
Scotland
<

I did the same thing for a while as a test when I had brake problems of
another sort.  I recommend you soak the adjuster with penetrating oil for a
few weeks and drive with the washers until you can free up the adjuster and
make the adjustment.

Good job finding it.

Dave Massey