RE: Virus warning - EXTREMELY DANGEROUS VIRUS

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Virus warning - EXTREMELY DANGEROUS VIRUS
From: "Biedermann, Frank (SSABSA)" <frank@ssabsa.sa.gov.au>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 11:59:57 +0930 charset="iso-8859-1"
> Dana,
>
> As far as I know, NO VIRUS has ever been able to be activated
> by just being
> in the main body of an email, and hence preview panes or even
> opening the
> main email is not the problem. They are all activated when
> the attachment is
> opened (that's the only time they can actually be executed on
> your computer,
> which is necessary in order for their code to be run).

<- Snip ->

Actually, there was one particularly nasty piece of work that
was going around recently which did execute itself when you
simply read the e-mail message (or viewed it in the preview
pane). However, this was more the result of a bug in Microsoft
Outlook (which thankfully has since been fixed) which allowed
stupid things like macros/VB script code to be run when you
read a message.

Now for the obligatory LBC content:

Does anyone out there know if one can still obtain a distributor
for a 1969 PI spec TR6 (ie the 51619 distributor)? My mechanic
(who happens to be my brother - so I know I can trust him)
inspected mine the other day, and says it's worn out and I
should try to replace it - it seems the timing drifts around a
lot because the rotor doesn't always return to the appropriate
position - does this sound like something one could fix with
new springs/weights? If so where could I get them?

Frank Biedermann
69 TR6 PI
Adelaide
AUSTRALIA