Re: TR6 Brakes siezing on Help!!

To: "Cameron Greig" <tr6greig@globalnet.co.uk>
Subject: Re: TR6 Brakes siezing on Help!!
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 23:30:26 +0100charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "List Triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Hi Cameron
The pin in the servo has a locknut and screw thread, make sure the pin is
protruding the right amount, if it is protruding too far it will hold the
piston in the master cylinder from returning to the at rest position, this
will hold the cup seal over the reservoir feed and prevent the fluid from
returning to the reservoir, thus holding the brakes on. Sorry, I do not know
what the proper distance is for the TR6, as I am speaking from experience
with other Girling equipped Triumphs.
I do know you have to adjust with the pedal depressed and measure with the
pedal released.

Graham.