TR6 Front Spring fitting question

To: 6 Pack Digest <6packlist@mfasco.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 Front Spring fitting question
From: Tony Gordon <tgordon@saginaw-city.k12.mi.us>
Date: Sat, 06 May 2000 19:47:16 -0400
Although I am sure my memory is on the way out at times, I am certain that
I had read on the list (and maybe in a manual) that you need to use an
internal-type (fits inside springs) spring compressor to remove the front
springs.

After fabricating one using steel plate and a .5" threaded rod, and trying
to compress the spring (the rod started looking like a sample on a
Houndsfield tensometer, the machine they use to test tensile strength of
metal parts so I gave up).

Then read the Factory manual, and blow me down, it says that you don't even
need to use a spring compressor .... anyone offer any advice on the best
and safest way of fitting comp. springs?

TIA

Tony Gordon
72 TR6