Restore or buy restored.

To: TRIUMPH LIST <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Restore or buy restored.
From: DOC - Ken <kennkim@netzero.net>
Date: Mon, 08 May 2000 08:10:29 -0600
I realize that the following is most likely a FAQ.......but am unsure
where to find these. If you could be so kind as to point me in the right
direction or give you my opinion, I would be appreciative.

I have been adding up prices on restorative work on a TR-4A
IRS.........with me doing most of the labor. I don't mind this as I was
willing to take 3-5 years to do if necessary as the results would be
worth the wait & effort.. This would include body, interior, brakes, and
a full motor rebuild. but, I have got to wonder if it wouldn't be quite
a bit cheaper to just buy one that was majority restored. Or.......is it
that I am going to end up buying something that just looks better but
needs a lot of the same work in the end. What do you think on the
subject.

TIA

    Ken