Re: Anybody in Tullahoma Tennessee

To: Douglas Frank <frank@zk3.dec.com>
Subject: Re: Anybody in Tullahoma Tennessee
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 14:01:26 -0400 ()
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

On Mon, 8 May 2000, Douglas Frank wrote:

> Whut?  I didn't know Triumph ever made a pickup!?!

You jest, but indeed there have been a few. Most notably, Standard-Triumph
in Australia designed and built a pickup (Ute) based on the Mayflower, and
apparently one or two prototype Herald pickups were built in England
(never made it to production). There were Triumph-badged Standard Atlas
vans in Canada, but I don't know if any of the pickup version of that
vehicle ever officially got a Triumph badge in any market.

Big problem with the Mayflower Ute, though, is that the rear window really
wasn't quite big enough for a gun rack. :-)

--Andy