RE: PI choke cable

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: PI choke cable
From: "Biedermann, Frank (SSABSA)" <frank@ssabsa.sa.gov.au>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 11:01:10 +0930charset="iso-8859-1"
Lee,

I'm not sure - as far as I know (and I own one) the TR6 PI
choke setup had two cables (as I understand the carb models
did). One goes to the metering unit, and the other goes to
the shaft that controls the airflow through the trumpets.
However, I'm told that you don't need the latter (and in fact
my car doesn't have this cable - it's been cut off), and can
just use the one to the metering unit. I think if you wanted
both cables you could use the front carb cable for the
metering unit as it's longer, and the shorter rear carb cable
for the trumpets - your car is RHD isn't it? - if not, then
intstructions would be vice versa.

Frank Biedermann
69 TR6 PI
Adelaide