Re: Rover 5 speed tranny

To: robp@ncsa.uiuc.edu
Subject: Re: Rover 5 speed tranny
From: Jochen.Saal@t-online.de (Jochen Saal)
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 14:36:19 +0200
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Hi Rob,

sorry for the late answer, I have been on a business trip and afterward on
vacation.

The company I reported at that time does not exist anymore, however another
company took over the business. The new company is called LIMORA
(www.limora.com
- but in German) and they offer two different gearboxes, a 5-speed Getrag for
all TR2 - TR6 and a 5-speed Ford for all TRs except the TR5/250. The Getrag box
has the better quality. Both boxes are reconditioned, have a new bell housing
and a change in the shift lever linkage to meet the original TR box position.

And this comes with the kits:
  reconditioned Getrag or Ford box (5-speed)
  new bell housing
  new clutch plate
  rear crank spigot bush
  new rear mounting plate

Necessary changes:
1. Getrag box
   no further changes

2. Ford box
   the prop shaft needs to be shorten

Prices for the conversion kits:

DM 3,900 for the Getrag box (currently $1,789)
DM 2,900 for the Ford box (currently $1,330)

I hope that answers your question, if you need assistance, let me know. Their
email address is limora@limora.com and they are able to answer in English (at
least that's what he told me).

Best regards,
Jochen Saal