Next problem/oppertunity?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Next problem/oppertunity?
From: DShoop7572@aol.com
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 18:31:22 EDT
    A while back I had the issue of fuel in the oil. It turned out that the
back carb had a big chunk out of it and the gas was running thru the carb.
There was no piece of it in the float chamber. A real mystery. I don't know
how it ran. I had a mechanic rebuild the carbs, replacing the one. The car
runs like I remember TR's 30 years ago when I had the GT6.
    New problem, It's running too hot, It use to go to about1/4" from the red
area now it goes into the red and just barely backs out when I stop at
lights. I checked the thermostat, there wasn't one! Can the sending unit be
faulty? Can a water pump partially work? Does the cardboard shroud for a TR4a
not really fit to good?

                                            Thanks Dave