Transportation offer (longish)

To: "6pack List" <6pack@autox.team.net>, "TRIUMPH LIST" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Transportation offer (longish)
From: "Stephane St-Amant" <steph71tr6@crosswinds.net>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 09:52:12 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Hello listers,

First off, I would like publicly thank Bob Antoville.  A few weeks ago, I
asked the list if anybody could go look and take some picture of a car for
me.  Bob offered to go, even though it meant he would have to drive 1 hour
each direction to get to the car.  As it turned out, the seller got a hold
of a digital camera and Bob services were no longer needed but I still
wanted to thank him for is generous offer.

What happened with the car? I bought it, a '69 Spitfire MK III project.  And
now, I have to pick up my (actually my wife to be) new baby.  Since I will
be going down there (West Hempstead, NY) from Ottawa, Ontario (Canada) with
an empty SUV and car trailer, I thought I would offer the list a chance to
have parts, even a car, transported basically for free (Unless you feel that
you have to give me some parts ;-) ) on my way down.  As long as it's on my
way, of course.  I can alter my route a little to accommodate.  The
following two links are the possible routes I may take.

Main Route:
http://www.mapquest.com/cgi-bin/mqtrip?link=btwn%2Ftwn-ddir_na_basic_form_la
tw_jp&uid=u6wdcakbl4t3ucee%3Abx16ygguy&ADDR_ORIGIN=&CITY_ORIGIN=Ogdensburg&S
TATE_ORIGIN=NY&ZO=&OCC=US&ADDR_DESTINATION=&CITY_DESTINATION=West+Hempstead&
STATE_DESTINATION=NY&ZD=&DCC=US&dir=Get+Directions&POIRad=2.0

Alternate Route:
http://www.mapquest.com/cgi-bin/mqtrip?link=btwn%2Ftwn-ddir_na_basic_form_la
tw_jp&uid=uvje.dl0xcn2dcne%3Abx1y8a9y1&ADDR_ORIGIN=&CITY_ORIGIN=Rooseveltown
&STATE_ORIGIN=NY&ZO=&OCC=US&ADDR_DESTINATION=&CITY_DESTINATION=West+Hempstea
d&STATE_DESTINATION=NY&ZD=&DCC=US&dir=Get+Directions&POIRad=2.0

Depending on requests, I can take one or the other.  In both cases, I should
be crossing the border in OGDENSBURG, NY.  I may also carry some small parts
on my way back (north) but space will be limited as the car comes with many
spare parts.  But like they say, there is always enough space for Jell-O!!!

I will be leaving Ottawa Thursday afternoon around 4PM (May 18, 2000).  So,
depending where you are on my route, I may be at your place late in the
evening or very early in the morning.  As for the way back, it may vary.

Note 1:  Please send your request before next Wednesday (May, 17, 2000)
Note 2:  If the part needs to cross the Canada-USA border, please make sure
that all the paperwork is taken care of in advance and I will need any money
needed for taxes and the likes.

Since I'm pretty new to this LBC thing (6 months) and same for mechanic,
this is one way I can give back to the list (until I gain more experience!).

Steph
'71 TR6 (In lots and lots of pieces) (As old as me!)
'69 Spit (Coming home soon!!!) (Two years older than me)