RE: Sudden Battery Death Syndrome

To: "'Michael D. Porter'" <mporter@zianet.com>, "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Sudden Battery Death Syndrome
From: "Taffel, Sherman" <STaffel@bcps.k12.md.us>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 10:26:22 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Hi Michael
'The TR' had been to New Mexico a few times in the '70's Albquerq., Sante
Fe, Taos, Grants, Galluip and Zuni, but not Roswell.

One old trick with a dead cell was to screw in two screws across the dead
cell, the two screws tied together with wire- sometimes if the other cells
were still fairly decent- one could get enough voltage (10.5v) to at least
get the car started- more important in non-clutch cars-or those TR's that
had bad volt regs and the generator wasn't 'on line'- as was often the case
in my college years!
Thanks for the post!
Sherman