Re: Smoke Gets In Your Eyes

Subject: Re: Smoke Gets In Your Eyes
From: Randall <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 14 May 2000 00:43:27 -0700
Cc: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Jeff :

One of my cars (not an LBC) has dramatically lower oil consumption when
using Valvoline Synthetic (Synpower I think it's called) 20W50.  It's
got something over 1/4 million miles on the original engine, so I'm sure
it's leaking past both the rings and valve guides.  Consumption on
conventional oil is about 1 qt every 1000 miles, on synthetic it's only
about 1 qt every 5000 miles.

Not sure if Synpower meets your definition of cheap (it's around $4/qt),
but it's sure a lot cheaper than a rebuild !

Randall